Ultramicrotome, Ultracut S, Leica
- For preparation of semithin and ultrathin sections prior to transmission electron microscopy investigation.
- Centralized control panel.
- Three transillumination pathways (top, under and behind-specimen) facilitate viewing of specimen.
- Stereo zoom microscope, magnification 10x to 60x
- Reflexomat II with fine control that permits the pumping of water in and out of the water truf.
- Ant vibration base plate.
Research projects (principal researcher) involved:
- Ultrasturcture of bonding(Dr Franklin Tay)
- Ultrastructure of bone formation for rabbit skull after treatment with Traditional Chinese Medicine(Dr Ricky Wong)
- Chay S.H. and Rabie A.M., Ultrastructural identification of cells involved in the healing of intramembranous bone grafts in the presence of demineralized intramembranous bone matrix, Australian Journal of Orthodontics. 2000, 16(2):88-97.
- Tay FR, Sidhu SK, Watson TF, Pashley DH. Water-dependent interfacial transition zone in resin-modified glass-ionomer cement/dentin interfaces, J Dent Res. 2004; 83:644-649.
Related information sources: