Dr Duangthip, DuangpornDDS, B.Econs, Dr.med.dent, PhD
Areas of Research Expertise
- Early childhood caries
- Caries prevention and management
- Community dental care
Faculty Research Group
- Primary Member of Faculty Public Health and Healthy Ageing Research Group
Selected Latest Publications
- Duangthip D, Poon PH, Man A, Lo ECM & Chu CH. Occlusal stress is involved in the formation of non-carious cervical lesions. A systematic review of abfraction. American Journal of Dentistry 2017;30:212-220.
- Fung HTM, Duangthip D, Wong MCM, Lo ECM & Chu CH. Effectiveness of 38% and 12% silver diamine fluoride application with different periodicity in arresting early childhood caries: a 30-month randomized clinical trial. Journal of Dental Research 2017;:002203451772849. doi:10.1177/0022034517728496
- Chen KJ, Gao SS, Duangthip D, Li SKY, Lo ECM & Chu CH. Dental caries status and its associated factors among 5-year-old Hong Kong children: A cross-sectional study. BMC Oral Health 2017;17:121. doi:10.1186/s12903-017-0413-2
- Zhao IS, Gao SS, Hiraishi N, Burrow MF, Duangthip D, Mei L, Lo ECM & Chu CH. Mechanisms of silver diamine fluoride on arresting caries: a literature review. International Dental Journal 2017;. doi:10.1111/idj.12320
- Duangthip D, GAO S, Lo ECM & Chu CH. Early childhood caries among 5- to 6-year-old children in Southeast Asia. International Dental Journal 2017;67:98-106. doi:10.1111/idj.12261
- GAO S, ZHAO S, Hiraishi N, Duangthip D, Mei L, Lo ECM & Chu CH. Clinical Trials of Silver Diamine Fluoride in Arresting Caries among Children: A Systematic Review. JDR Clinical & Translational Research 2016;1:201-210. doi:10.1177/2380084416661474
- GAO S, ZHAO S, Duangthip D, Mei L & Chu CH. A Systematic Review Clinical Trials of Silver Diamine Fluoride in Arresting Caries among Children: a systematic review.. JDR Clinical & Translational Research 2016;.
- Fung HTM, Duangthip D, Wong MCM, Lo ECM & Chu CH. Arresting Dentine Caries with Different Concentration and Periodicity of Silver Diamine Fluoride. JDR Clinical & Translational Research 2016;1:143-152. doi:10.1177/2380084416649150
- Duangthip D, Jiang M, Chu CH & Lo ECM. Restorative approaches to treat dentin caries in preschool children: systematic review. European Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 2016;17:113-121.
- Gao S, Duangthip D, Lo ECM & Chu CH. Risk factors of early childhood caries among young children in Hong Kong – a cross-sectional study.. J Clin Pediatr Dent ;.
Honours and Awards
- Faculty Knowledge Exchange Award 2017: Empowering a non-governmental non-profit organization to deliver oral home care and promote awareness of dementia in elderly care centers The University of Hong Kong. 2017. Leung KCM, Chu CH, Lo ECM, Ho KL & Duangthip D.
- IADR Cariology Award Group Winner at the 94th general session of IADR, Seuol, South Korea The International Association of Dental Research. 2016. Chu CH, Fung HTM, Lo ECM, Wong MCM & Duangthip D.
- Faculty Knowledge Exchange (KE) Award 2016 “Empowering a Non-governmental non-profit organization to deliver primary oral care to Hong Kong Citizens” The University of Hong Kong. 2016. Ho KL, Chu CH, Cheung MTL & Duangthip D.