Dr Chang, Jeffrey Wen WeiBDS (India), MDS (HK)
Areas of Research Expertise
- Restoration of endodontically treated teeth
- Endodontic disinfection
- Endodontic materials and applications
Faculty Research Group
- Primary Member of Faculty Infection and Immunity Research Group
Selected Latest Publications
- Chang JWW, Praisarnti C & Neelakantan P. Increasing use of Bioceramics in endodontics: A narrative review. Oral Health 2017;.
- Li D, Jiang SM, Yin X, Chang JWW, Ke J & Zhang C. Efficacy of Needle, Ultrasonic, and Endoactivator Irrigation and Photon-Induced Photoacoustic Streaming in Removing Calcium Hydroxide from the Main Canal and Isthmus: An In Vitro Micro-Computed Tomography and Scanning Electron Microscopy Study. Photomedicine and Laser Surgery 2015;33:330-337. doi:10.1089/pho.2015.3903
- Taschieri S, Fabbro MD, Samaranayake LP & Chang JWW. Microbial Invasion Of Dentinal Tubules: A Literature Review And A New Perspective. Journal of Investigative and Clinical Dentistry 2014;5:163 - 170. doi:10.1111/jicd.12109
- Bridges SM, Chang JWW, Chu CH & Gardner K. Blended learning in situated contexts: 3-year evaluation of an online peer review project. European Journal of Dental Education 2014;18:170-179. doi:10.1111/eje.12082
- Ekambaram M, Yiu CKY, Matinlinna JP, Chang JWW, Tay FR & King NM. Effect of chlorhexidine and ethanol-wet bonding with a hydrophobic adhesive to intraradicular dentine. Journal of Dentistry 2014;42:872-882. doi:10.1016/j.jdent.2014.02.006
- Chang JWW, Cheung AW & Cheung GSP. Effect of root canal dimensions, injection rate, and needle design on the apical extrusion of an irrigant: an in vitro study. Journal of Investigative and Clinical Dentistry 2014;6(3):221-7. doi:10.1111/jicd.12092
- Seneviratne CJ, Yip WY, Chang JWW, Zhang C & Samaranayake LP. Effect of culture media and nutrients on biofilm growth kinetics of laboratory and clinical strains of Enterococcus faecalis. Archives of Oral Biology 2013;58(10):1327-1334. doi:10.1016/j.archoralbio.2013.06.017
- Zhu XF, Yin XZ, Chang JWW, Wang YU, Cheung GSP & Zhang C. Comparison of the antibacterial effect and smear layer removal using photon-initiated photoacoustic streaming aided irrigation versus a conventional irrigation in single-rooted canals: an in vitro study. Photomedicine and Laser Surgery 2013;31(8):371-377. doi:10.1089/pho.2013.3515
- Chang JWW, Soo I & Cheung GSP. Evaluation of fibre post supported restorations under simulated occlusal loading. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 2012;108(3):158-164. doi:10.1016/S0022-3913(12)60140-1
- Chellaswamy SK, Saravanan P, Gunaseelan R, Chang JWW & Dutta K. Endodontic management of maxillary second molars with two palatal roots – a report of three cases.. ENDO (Lond Engl) 2011;.
Principal Investigator :
- 2011-: Diagnostic and prognostic markers related to pathogenic bacteria in endodontic lesions of failed cases [Small Project Funding] (HKD57,320)
- 2009-2011: Efficacy of root canal irrigation for debris and tissue removal [Seed Funding Programme for Basic Research] (HKD120,000)
- 2013-: Bcl-2 and cMyc gene-transfected dental pulp stem cells outcompete bone marrow-derived cells in dental pulp regeneration [National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) - General Program] (HKD879,200) (with ZHANG Chengfei et al)
- 2011-: Stem cells in human dental pulp with irreversible pulpitis and their potential for tissue regeneration [Small Project Funding] (HKD47,576) (with CHEUNG Shun Pan et al)
Honours and Awards
- Evaluation of a Clinical Session Diary - Student and Staff Feedback - Best Oral Presentation The 24th South East Asian Association of Dental Education, Bangkok, Thailand. 2013. Botelho MG, Bridges SM, Yiu CKY, Zwahlen RA, Ho KL & Chang JWW.
- Best Oral Presentation 2012 Commonwealth Dental Association / Malaysian Dental Association Joint International Scientific Convention. 2012. Soo I, Chang JWW & Cheung GSP.
- Best Oral Presentation 22nd Annual Scientific Meeting of the South East Asian Association of Dental Education (SEAADE). 2011. Bridges SM, Chang JWW & Chu CH.