Professor Burrow, Michael FrancisBDS, MDS (Adel), PhD (Tokyo Med & Dent U), MEd (Melb), MRACDS (Pros), FICD, DDSc (Adel), FRACDS
Faculty Research Group
- Primary Member of Faculty Biomedical and Tissue Engineering Research Group
- Affiliated Member of Faculty Infection and Immunity Research Group and Faculty Public Health and Healthy Ageing Research Group
Selected Latest Publications
- ZHOU Z, Burrow MF, Lo ECM & Chu CH. Shear Bond Strength and Remineralisation Effect of a Casein Phosphopeptide-Amorphous Calcium Phosphate-Modified Glass Ionomer Cement on Artificial “Caries-Affected” Dentine. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 2017;18:1723. doi:10.3390/ijms18081723
- Zhao IS, Gao SS, Hiraishi N, Burrow MF, Duangthip D, Mei L, Lo ECM & Chu CH. Mechanisms of silver diamine fluoride on arresting caries: a literature review. International Dental Journal 2017;. doi:10.1111/idj.12320
- Epasinghe DJ, Kwan S, Chu D, Mei L, Burrow MF & Yiu CKY. Synergistic effects of proanthocyanidin, tri-calcium phosphate and fluoride on artificial root caries and dentine collagen. Materials Science and Engineering: C 2017;73:293-299. doi:10.1016/j.msec.2016.11.078
- Epasinghe DJ, Yiu CKY & Burrow MF. Effect of flavonoids on remineralization of artificial root caries. Australian Dental Journal 2016;61:196-202. doi:10.1111/adj.12367
- Koizumi H, Hamama HHHE & Burrow MF. Evaluation of adhesion of a CPP–ACP modified GIC to enamel, sound dentine, and caries-affected dentine. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives 2016;66:176-181. doi:10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2016.01.007
- TIAN T, Tsoi KH, Matinlinna JP & Burrow MF. Evaluation of microtensile bond strength on ceramic-resin adhesion using two specimen testing substrates. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives 2014;54:165-171. doi:10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2014.06.003
- EPASINGHE DJ, Yiu CKY, Burrow MF, Tsoi KH & Tay FRCM. Effect of flavonoids on the mechanical properties of demineralised dentine. Journal of Dentistry 2014;42:1178-1184. doi:10.1016/j.jdent.2014.07.002
- TIAN T, Tsoi KH, Matinlinna JP & Burrow MF. Aspects of bonding between resin luting cements and glass ceramic materials. Dental Materials 2014;30:e147–e162. doi:10.1016/j.dental.2014.01.017
- HAMAMA HHHE, Burrow MF & Yiu CKY. Effect of dentine conditioning on adhesion of RM-Glass Ionomer-based Adhesives.. Aust Dent J 2014;59:193-200. doi:10.1111/adj.12169
- HAMAMA HHHE, Yiu CKY & Burrow MF. Chemical, morphological and microhardness changes of dentine after chemomechanical caries removal. Australian Dental Journal.. Aust Dent J 2013;58:283-292.
Books and Chapters
- Burrow MF. Chapter Dental composites for tooth repair and replacement. In Non-metallic biomaterials for tooth repair and replacement,.2013,pp.233-261.
Principal Investigator :
- 2014-: Evaluating Biomimetic Qualities of a Modified Glass Ionomer Cement [General Research Fund (GRF)] (HKD698,282)
- 2013-: Investigation of biofilm formation on dental materials [Small Project Funding] (HKD80,000)
- 2011-2012: Evaluation of glass polyalkenoate cements when bonded to various tooth substrates [Seed Funding Programme for Basic Research] (HKD80,000)
- 2013-: The incorporation of proanthocyanidin in a casein phosphopeptide amorphous calcium fluoride phosphate paste on artificial root caries. [Small Project Funding] (HKD80,000) (with YIU Cynthia K Y et al)
- 2011-: Blended learning in Dentistry: 3-D resources for problem-based and case-based learning [Teaching Development Grants] (HKD220,372) (with YANG Yan-Qi et al)
Honours and Awards
- Proteomic evaluating salivary acquired pellicle on restorative material surfaces 2016 IADR Heraeus Kulzer Travel Award and 1st runner's up IADR-SEA Unilever Hatton Division Award, 30th Annual Scientific Meeting (2016) of the International Association for Dental Research. 2016. WEI C, Burrow MF, Botelho MG & Leung WK.
- IADR Colgate Research in Prevention Travel Award "Synergistic effect of proanthocyanidin and CPP-ACFP on Root Caries remineralization" 91st General Session & Exhibition (IADR/AADR/CADR). 2013. EPASINGHE DJ, Yiu CKY & Burrow MF.
- Best Paper Award in Cariology Research/Mineralized Tissue Research. Effect of enzymatic-based chemomechanical caries removal on dentine bonding. 26th Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Association for Dental Research, South East Asia, Singapore. 2012. HAMAMA HHHE, Yiu CKY & Burrow MF.
- Best Paper Award in Dental Materials – Laboratory Research 25th Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Association for Dental Research, South East Asia, Singapore. 2011. Epasinghe DJ, Yiu CKY, King NM, Tay FRCM & Burrow MF.