This programme is designed to provide dental surgeons with advanced training in prosthodontics. The coursework will enable students to acquire detailed knowledge of the principles and practice of prosthodontics, including study of the materials and technologies commonly employed.
The areas include:
- Diagnosis and treatment planning using a multidisciplinary approach.
- Hands-on experience of management of a full range of cases, from single-tooth replacement to total rehabilitation.
- Clinical exposure to a range of implant systems.
- Joint surgical/prosthodontic consultation clinic plus surgical demonstrations by the Discipline of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Management of advanced restorative cases using a multidisciplinary approach.
- Management of localised and generalised tooth wear cases using conventional and minimally invasive cast restorations.
- Clinical exposure to crown-lengthening surgery with the Discipline of Periodontology.
- Management of complex partially dentate and edentulous cases using various removable partial and complete denture techniques.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning of patients with head and neck cancers using a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Management of congenital/acquired defects in the orofacial region using removable, fixed, and implant-retained prostheses.
- Diagnosis and management of patients with temporomandibular disorders using a multidisciplinary approach.
- Hands-on experience of different treatment modalities including splint therapy.
Advanced prosthodontic consultation clinic
- Diagnosis and treatment planning of referred complex prosthodontic cases using a multidisciplinary approach.
The programme will include lectures, tutorials, clinical and paraclinical assignments, written work, training in research methods, and a supervised research project. It also includes courses of study in related disciplines.
|Programme Director||General Enquiry||Closing Date for Application Form|
|Name: Dr Edmond Pow
Fax: (852) 2858 6114
|Name: Miss Hazel Leung
Fax: (852) 2517 0544
|March 31, 2017
- Regulation and Syllabus
- On-Line Application
Mode of Attendance: FT (3 years)
- A BDS degree of this University or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience would be preferable.