The MSc(CommunityDent) curriculum extends over not less than 1 year of full-time study, or the equivalent by part-time study, and is designed to enable candidates to achieve an advanced level of knowledge and competence in Community Dentistry by means of a prescribed course of study and a supervised research project.
The programme involves advanced study and research into the theory and practice of preventive dentistry, oral epidemiology, related behavioural sciences, and systems for the provision of dental health care and their administration. It will include lectures, tutorials, clinical work, project assignments, and training in research methods.
The course includes the following:
- Modules offered by the School of Public Health in public health practices, epidemiology, health economics, and administrative medicine;
- Modules on biostatistics and research methods in community dentistry;
- Modules on oral epidemiology and disease prevention;
- Modules on oral health policy and promotion;
- Practice on conducting oral health education programmes;
- Practice on provision of community dental service; and
- Conducting a dental research project.
|Programme Director||General Enquiry||Closing Date for Applications|
|Name: Prof. E.C.M. Lo
Fax: (852) 2858 7874
|Name: Miss Hazel Leung
Fax: (852) 2517 0544
|April 30, 2018
- Regulation and Syllabus
- On-Line Application
Mode of Attendance : FT (1 year) / PT (2 years; limited to local dentists)
Composition Fee : Please visit http://facdent.hku.hk/index.php/prospective-students/tpg/fee/ for details.
- A BDS degree of this University or an equivalent qualification.