This programme offers dental practitioners the opportunity of higher training in the clinical skills required for aspects of general dental practice. It will provide a foundation for success and professional satisfaction in general dental practice. The course centres on fixed and removable prosthodontics, operative dentistry, endodontics, and periodontology. The duration of the programme will be 1 year of full-time study with a minimum of 5 hours per week and a total of no less than 600 hours of prescribed educational and clinical endeavour.
The course aims to equip a graduate:
- To be capable of assessing a patient’s general and dental health, have knowledge of the relevant disease processes, and be able to formulate a comprehensive treatment plan, including preventive care for adult patients;
- To undertake competently, on the basis of experience gained during the course, clinical procedures of fixed and removable prosthodontics, operative dentistry including the use of new restorative materials, non-surgical and surgical endodontic therapy, non-surgical and surgical periodontal therapy; and to understand the relevant dental materials; and
- To have a sound knowledge of the scientific basis of various treatment options and be able to integrate theoretical and practical knowledge in respect of the management of adult patients with compromised dentition.
|Programme Director||General Enquiry||Closing Date for Applications|
||Name: Miss Hazel Leung
Fax: (852) 2517 0544
|This programme is not offered in 2017-2018
- Regulation and Syllabus
- On-Line Application (Closed)
Mode of Attendance: FT (1 year)
- A BDS degree of this University or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 1 year of general practice experience would be preferable.