Areas of Research Expertise
Dental Biomaterials, adhesive dentistry and its durability, clinical trials(resin-based adhesives, glass ionomer cement, resin composite, resin cements)
Cariology – root caries, caries risk, restoration of root caries, biofilm management, and plant based-crosslinking agents
Prosthodontics – zirconia-based restorations
Invited Lectures and Keynote Speeches
- 01 June 2013: Hong Kong College of Dental Surgeons, MGD training programme and HKDA - lecture series - 3 lectures. HKDA and HKCDS.
- 01 June 2013: Management and Philosophy of Early Dental Caries. Inter'l Assoc of Pediatric Dentistry.
- 01 December 2012: Preservation and Conservation - how dental caries management is changing. Chiang Mai University 40th Anniversary Meeting.
- 01 June 2012: Faculty Pearl Jubilee/World Dental Forum II: Management of early caries lesions. .
- 01 June 2012: Management of early caries lesions - the available strategies. 3M Dental SAIJ Symposium.
- 01 May 2012: Attrition and Erosion: Restorative Planning and Performance. Annals of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons.
- 01 August 2011: Innovation in MI Concepts: Scope of CPP-ACP. .
- 01 April 2011: Dentine adhesives, current issues and their future prospects – ?The Australian perspective. Korean Assn for Adhesive Dentistry.
- 01 April 2011: The clinical evidence for successful bonding procedures – can it work also for the badly broken down tooth?. Faculty of Dentistry HKU and Shenzhen Continuing Dental Education.
- 01 March 2011: The clinical evidence for successful bonding procedures – can it work also for the badly broken down tooth?. Hong Kong Dental Association.
- 01 December 2010: The clinical evidence for successful bonding procedures – can it also work for the badly broken down tooth?. Quintessence Int'l Symposium, Sydney Aus.
- 01 July 2010: Does amalgam still have a future. Aust Dental Assn, Victorian Branch.
- 01 April 2010: Enhancing the Remineralizing Potential of Glass Ionomer Cements. University of Melbourne.
HKU Committee Appointments
- 19 April 2017-18 April 2021: Faculty of Dentistry, Board of the. The teachers who are members of the Faculty and who are full-time employees of the University
- 09 August 2010-08 August 2014: Faculty of Dentistry, Board of the. The teachers who are members of the Faculty and who are full-time employees of the University